Sunday, August 3, 2008

Game Day

It's finally here. The day of the game! All the preparation, all the practices, all the long days and long nights lead to this. The teams are ready and the staff is ready and we're in the calm before the storm. I was able to sleep in today. I woke up at 8 am. That's the latest I've been in bed all weekend. That's right folks, Pedro got to sleep 6 whole hours last night. I had breakfast at a cafe on the shores Lake Michigan and I was able to take a walk along the river. It has been such a picture perfect day. It's 80 degrees and it's a great day to be in a suit.

Quick story, probably my favorite moment of the weekend. Thierry Henry is a very busy man and schedules his media time weeks ahead of time. The Chicago Tribune wanted an interview and do a huge front page paper spread, but Henry declined. My team was instrumental in making Henry understand how the article would sell a lot of tickets and he finally agreed. I spoke to the sports writer who did the interview and he was super happy. This morning at breakfast, I read the article during my breakfast. It is so cool to be on the inside. I am learning so much from people in my team about Journalism and just dealing with people. This has been a great learning opportunity.

Well, that's all for now. I'm off to the stadium for the game. If you guys want to watch me on TV, the game will be on FSC (Fox Soccer Channel) at 7pm Eastern Standard Time. Look for me. I will be in a black suit and you can find me on the field of play. Later...

No comments: